andywilde16

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am after some advice, I have two SKY+ HD boxes in my house and both of their RF2 feeds are connected to a Super Plus Combiner (SPC) to allow control of them independently from the various remotes around the home. The output from the SPC then goes into a distribution amp with by-pass to allow the magic eyes to work and then the amp is connected to 4 TV's

The Sky box in the lounge is set to RF2 frequency 67 and the box in the conservatory is set to RF2 frequency 60 but I find that the pictures on the TV's connected to the distribution amp are grainy. I have read on various forums that I have to use frequencies away from those in use by Freeview but I do not know how to find out the frequencies in use? The freeview signal comes from Winter Hill (not sure if any other transmitters are close - postcode is CW10)

Can someone advise me on the best frequencies or range to have the RF2's set to?

Also I have just acquired an LG 4K 49" Smart TV for the family room (connected to the distribution amp and not direct to Sky HD box) and whilst I appreciate that the feed from the RF2 is only SD quality can anyone give me some pointers on the best settings for the screen to make the most of a poor quality image - well compared to HD and 4K HD?

Thanks

Thanks TJT1 - if I can loose the interference the quality will be ok till I can afford to distribute HDMI via CAT6 around the home - not to mention the running of the cables.

I have just tried removing the aerial input to the lounge sky box (the box in the conservatory has no aerial input to it) and both RF2 pictures have improved dramatically so I am guessing it is interference.

Advice?

digital.co.uk for channels.

Last edited:
Have a look at a HD Modulator then you woudnt have to run cables around the house as it would use the same Coax cables. This could be temporary whilst you add Cat6 solution or permanent.

Your TVs would need to have HD tuners in them but suspect at the very least your new 49" tv does.

Seem a waste having a brand new 49" TV with SD analogue picture.

Digital single-channel FULL HIGH DEFINITION modulator

I have found the following information from the ukfree.tv website and it would appear that Winder Hill broadcasts on channels 49 to 59 - so I am guessing using 60 and 67 and not ideal channels to use for RF2 outputs on my boxes.

Can anyone advise the best channels to use?

upload_2015-10-8_15-56-19.png

I have found the following information from the ukfree.tv website and it would appear that Winder Hill broadcasts on channels 49 to 59 - so I am guessing using 60 and 67 and not ideal channels to use for RF2 outputs on my boxes.

Can anyone advise the best channels to use?

View attachment 633015

Use 2 channels above 60 at least 3 channels apart and 3 channels from 59, say 64 and 67 and fit a 4G filter to the aerial feed to the lounge sky box.

Can they not be tuned to the lower frequencies. Ch 22 and 26 say?

Can they not be tuned to the lower frequencies. Ch 22 and 26 say?

I suggested channels above 60 as 4G filters are readily available. Using lower channels who knows what interference will get in especially in lift conditions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom