Sky HD / Pioneer Plasma PDP-436RXE HDMI problems

J

JayDC

Howdy Everyone

I am eagerly awiting the arrival and installation of my SKY HD box this Friday and have noticed the untold grief that has been caused too many people when connecting to Pioneer plasmas through the HDMI input.

I have also noticed that most people have 'XDE' or 'SXE' models

Please could anyone advise me on whether the 'RXE' models are still vunerable to HDMI problems and also if I do connect through the component video input what the quality of the picture is like compared to HDMI

I'm a newbie to all this so please go easy on me!!!! but any advice,help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanx :)

Hi Mate,

Until Pioneer or Sky come out and say it's safe to use HDMI I would use component for the time being, many people on these forums have said there is little or no difference between the two leads.

Keep an eye outon the Pionner HD Blog page for updates

http://pioneerhdblog.com

Regards, Xan

I sent my plasma box back to pioneer as I could not use any other device other than sky hd so no ps3 in HD. Got it back after 4 days only to find now nothing works?
Anyone else had this problem before I start screaming at them on monday. Thanks

I have sky hd connected via hdmi to my pioneer. I did have the issue with it stopping the HDMI control from working caused by the sky hd box putting out a voltage on the CEC pin but remedied it by using an hdmi to dvi adaptor connected to a dvi to hdmi connector.

The dvi spec doesn't support the cec pin 13 so...

Thats the only issue I've had though.

Jay,its good advice on post #2 mate.

I've ran my 506 for two years on component and changed last week thinking it now has the all clear,it broke the set!

Pioneer are replacing the media box next week so I guess all's well and the panel will probably be better than it was but I still wish I hadn't switched to HDMI.

Truth is,there is NO difference in PQ between the two on my setup at all,coupled to the fact you still need an optical connection from the Sky box to receive 5.1 DD theres no advantage to using HDMI,quite the opposite in-fact!

i have the 435xde and have both connections and to be honest I can't tell the difference. I generally use component, however, for some reason at times, possibly high bit rate HD with action shots I get a juddering picture with the component I then usually have to switch to HDMI.

Hope that helps

Ive had Sky HD since the first day it came out and its always been connected to my 436xde via HDMI, when this problem first arose it did consider changing over to component but decided to stick with the HDMI cable and now nearly 2 years on its still running fine :smashin:

I've had Sky HD since it first came out and have the 435XDE and have always used HDMI with no problems.
I think it's a case of "suck it and see" if there is a problem Pioneer say that they will fix if FOC.

I've had Sky HD box hooked upto my Pioneer PDP-436RXE by HDMI cable since 2006. Never had any problems. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info but I prefer to get the HD connection working again if possible. Is it easy to buy the dvi to hdmi cable you mentioned?
I live in spain and some things are not so easy to get so I doubt I will be able to get a new media box another post mentioned so need to do what I can? Thanks.

I have sky hd connected via hdmi to my pioneer. I did have the issue with it stopping the HDMI control from working caused by the sky hd box putting out a voltage on the CEC pin but remedied it by using an hdmi to dvi adaptor connected to a dvi to hdmi connector.

The dvi spec doesn't support the cec pin 13 so...

Thats the only issue I've had though.

Thanks for the info but I prefer to get the HD connection working again if possible. Is it easy to buy the dvi to hdmi cable you mentioned?
I live in spain and some things are not so easy to get so I doubt I will be able to get a new media box another post mentioned so need to do what I can? Thanks.

Thanks DeeeBee.Good solution.Does Kuro Link work without any problem now? Does it take away SkyHD's interference?
Simmoinspain, Following DeeeBee's advice, I am planning to buy a QED HDMI to DVI cable and a QED DVI-HDMI converter from Superfi online. Costs £21.00 in total. Sounds reasonable.....if it works....:)

Hi, Had my SKY HD box connected via HDMI since July 06, no problems at all and great picture. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom