Sky HD over digital coax

You've misunderstood the thread.

I haven't read back through the thread but I'd be very surprised if anyone had said anything remotely like that - check what the device labelled PVI actually does.

Hi.
mampiman; uhm... The correct hardware can be used to squirt a HD picture from the Skybox's HDMI output down coax, such as WF100, to a number of FreeviewHD capable TVs.
--
Regards, Iain.

I've not used the HD version yet but did see one at a trade show recently. Prices still seem to be well over £1000 for HD-only modulators. And that also means you need Freeview HD tuners in all you TVs as it does not also provide an SD version too.

Again there are versions with an HDMI and composite video plus stereo audio input (i.e. 2 inputs for two channels in one Mux) but again they are expensive at the moment.

I have used the Antiference Digimod SD modulator with Sky and this give a reasonable step up in quality for both audio and video, and also means you can still send HDMI to the main display without using HDMI splitters. Still not cheap though!

Sky is unreal! I originally got this for a dune player but tested it with sky, the client saw it and was hooked.

About to get the quad channel version for Sky or Virgin and CCTV all transmitted simultaneously.

They also offer IP streaming which I have not been able to configure (igmp snooping and all that)

worth the money! No HDMI faffing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom