Sky HD over digital coax

nino6689

Standard Member
Hi,

I have sky Hd in one room and currently have it distubted via coax to two others, this has seen me right for a few years now....

I'm now starting to get disappointed with the image quality and want to know if there is a way of sending the signal digitally... Ie inject it into the free view stream so that when I tune the tv through free view my sky channel will be in there......

I have been searching around the site but can seem to come up with an answer?..

Thanks peeps
Niño

Ps I aware of the other options...

Hdmi split/ip/cat
:smashin:

logiciel

Welcome to the forum.
The RF2 output that you're using is analogue and there is no alternative.
HDMI videosenders seem to be getting cheaper these days - there's one at under £100.
Logi

nino6689

Standard Member
Thanks for you quick reply. I have used video senders in the past and they have been so poor!

Have you seen the VeCoax T1, it claims to be able to send signals however try don't list a price which makes me think.... If you have to ask you can't afford it!!

logiciel

That's OK and have you used a HD videosender before?
Maplins have dropped theirs by £70 to just over £100.
A poster found the one for less than that, somewhere else, quite recently.
The VeCoax T1 is something quite different, not what would normally be called a videosender.

hog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have sky Hd in one room and currently have it distubted via coax to two others, this has seen me right for a few years now....

I'm now starting to get disappointed with the image quality and want to know if there is a way of sending the signal digitally... Ie inject it into the free view stream so that when I tune the tv through free view my sky channel will be in there......

I have been searching around the site but can seem to come up with an answer?..

Thanks peeps
Niño

Ps I aware of the other options...

Hdmi split/ip/cat
:smashin:

the only way you can do what your asking is with a mac-201or 401, but they are not cheap just to use on a domestic set up ,best just to try a hd sender and see if you have success ,i ve fitted them before with good results up to 10 meters away

mac 201
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjedg7iFs&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:

theslydog

Has anyone tried/going to try one of these? This is the only HD version I have seen that is not in the ridiculous price range if you can take the Alibaba price.

VECOAX-T1WM HD
Pro Video Instruments HD Video Distribution Systems - Pro Video Instruments

It is listed on Alibaba by them with a start price of $490USD

There is a pdf with info:
http://www.provideoinstruments.com/VeCOAX-T1WM.pdf

• NOISE-LESS operation
  • Pro-Components for 24/7 non stop / years operations
  • Free unlimited TechSupport during your business hours
  • Input any SD / HD video from any video source as HDMI / HDSDI / 3GSDI / COMPONENT / SCART COMPOSITE
  • Output to selectable VHF/UHF DVB-T / DVB-C / QAM / ISDB-T / 8VSB
  • Also simultaneous IP Streming output to watch on Iphones Ipads Androids PCs MACs ( opt )
  • Stereo and Surround Sound
  • Broadcast-Grade Low-Delay 1080p / 1080i / 720p encoding
  • Auto-Detect of input signal without requiring any manual operation
  • Connects to any PAY TV Set Top Box, Hard Disk Video Player, DVI from computers, BluRay Disk players, DVD players, and any other HD or SD Video Source
  • Logical Channel Numbering ( LCN ) full support to auto store your channels to the wanted TV chan buttons
  • Ideal Component for any HD and SD Digital Video Distribution application, to save time and perfec reliable quality

Johnbyte

Novice Member
Unless I've misunderstood the specification, this won't give you an HD output. Yes, you can connect HD sources to it, which the box then converts to a digital RF output - so quality akin to Freeview.

Last edited:

logiciel

But Freeview can be HD so I assumed that's what it meant.

simon194

Unless I've misunderstood the specification, this won't give you an HD output. Yes, you can connect HD sources to it, which the box then converts to a digital RF output - so quality akin to Freeview.

According to the various docs on their website it does output an RF HD signal.

The only problem if anyone wanted one is that if there isn't an EU stockist, importing one will be subject to import duty and VAT which will add another £70 or so to the price.

logiciel

And you can get a HD videosender now for under £100.

logiciel

Agreed, and I wouldn't recommend either, splitter or sender.

PS - I don't know - who mentioned it?

logiciel

:blush:
I still don't know - maybe OP will tell us what he means.

theslydog

This unit VECOAX-T1WM HD is supposed to be a digital RF modulator to convert your digital HDMI out (including 1080p) into DVB-T Mpeg4 HD over coax.

Therefore, you can set up a digital RF channel - no different to the way you do with an analogue RF modulator. Thus you should then be able to tune your TV into your new digital RF channel and pick up HD.

Uses include sending a 1080p picture say from your Blu-ray player or your Pay TV STB over RF to all of your HD TVs in your house.

This would be particularly useful in say a large hotel where you want to send a set number of digital channels to each room from a rack full of STBs. Currently this is done over analogue RF or a very expensive digital RF modulator.

This is the first digital modulator I have seen that is remotely in the consumer price range and also HD. Most are £1000+ and only SD to boot.

theslydog

This picture might help.
unischeme2.jpg

simon194

theslydog

The VeCoax-T1-WM-HD (HDMI version) is €1190 if this post is true and that's a dealer discounted price.

Whoa, much more expensive that I thought. I see from the post in your link that it is the SD model that is the $490USD not the HD - the HD is double this.

Just about cheaper to put in a complete new system or get a nice Yamaha RX-A3010 amp to run to the second room.

So pretty much in the industrial realm atm.

mampiman

Standard Member
am i being really dumb here or are you guys sayin that with the correct hardware you can convert an analouge sky signal (via the rf output) and upscale it to a HD resolution using WF100???????? sorry in advance if i am being really dumb or misunderstanding the thread.......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021