sky hd outside the Uk.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by vicsnelly, May 2, 2007.

1. vicsnelly

vicsnelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, need a wee bit of help here. i live outside the uk (spain) i hae 2 boxes sky +. i now want to fit a third one, (hd).
    the other 2 boxes where easy to instal, took them out fo their packaging plugged them in and away we go. now i have a few worries that have stopped me buying a sky hd box, can anyone answer these questions please.
    keep in mind that my boxes are not bought through sky itself.
    will the hd box work in spain?
    do i realy need the telephone line conected? (the others are not)?
    in order to get hd do i need a special cable, ie i have a 120cm screen with projector that is hd ready, do i just plug in the scart or is it a special cable.?
    im not realy bothered about the recording side of life i just want the full benifit of my big screen. so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated..

2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I believe that the Sky HD box will work anywhere a Sky/Sky+ box works.

I had to connect the Sky HD box to the phone line for the installation process - though some believe you can do it without. One bloke who didn't have a landline took the box and card round to a friends house and paired the card up before taking the box and card back.

Lead - it should come with a HDMI lead which will conenct to your projector if its HD Ready. It might not be long enough depending on location of box/screen though. You can use component cables (not supplied).

3. vicsnelly

vicsnelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for your help m8y, brill, i will go look now for a new box hd of course,// thanks again...

4. marshall_nathan

marshall_nathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    hi,a little question:how did you manage to have the subsciption if you live in Spain?did you make the contract here in England?And finally did you have any problem with sky if they ound out who you live in Spain?I masking you becouse im moving to italy and i want to do the same thanks

5. vicsnelly

vicsnelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got the boxes from marty, they have been great, i just phone and pay by credit card when needed.

6. marshall_nathan

marshall_nathan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    What about the card and the subscrption?You still need an address in england when you start with sky?

7. vicsnelly

vicsnelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0