Sky HD output resolution for Plasmas 1024 x 768

peskywinnets

Novice Member
Has anyone experimented with which yields the best picture....

1. Sky HD box over HDMI 720p into a plasma TV with a native resolution 1024x768p (therefore scaled twice).

2. HD analogue component/RGB video straight into the plasma TV for it to do the scaling?

Obviously it's going to depend on the scaler within the TV, but I'm certainly happy with how mine scales SD RGB analogue video.

Grateful for any feedback!

SamRadford

Novice Member
You've posted your question in the wrong section. It should be in the SKY HD section.

lynx

Novice Member
Bump.

malkit

Has anyone experimented with which yields the best picture....

1. Sky HD box over HDMI 720p into a plasma TV with a native resolution 1024x768p (therefore scaled twice).

2. HD analogue component/RGB video straight into the plasma TV for it to do the scaling?

Obviously it's going to depend on the scaler within the TV, but I'm certainly happy with how mine scales SD RGB analogue video.

Grateful for any feedback!
Leave the sky box set to automatic and let the screen do the processing is usually the best option.

Kevo

I have a Pan 42PV500 (1024x768) and have found the best option is to set the Sky HD stb to 1080i.
The 'Automatic' setting made the picture on sd stuff look awful, very jagged eddges and you could see the line structure, peoples' eyes looked distorted!

I guess it all depends how your TV is at upscaling, obviously mine is not so good and teh Sky HD stb is better.