Sky HD on a 32" TV?

Cubeox

Standard Member
Hello,

I am thinking about upgrading to Sky HD. I currently have a Sony Bravia 32" LCD television, and I was wondering if it was worth upgrading as I have heard the picture quality difference is not as noticable on a smaller size television. I currently only have normal sky and would like the other features Sky HD includes such as being able to record.

Also, Sky have quoted me a price of £249 for the Sky HD box, is this a good deal or can I get it cheaper?

Many thanks!

I've got a 32" HD TV and its the one I use my Sky HD on and it looks amazing, can definetley tell the difference between SD and HD, especially on some of the best stuff like Planet Earth.

tonkie

Hello,

I am thinking about upgrading to Sky HD. I currently have a Sony Bravia 32" LCD television, and I was wondering if it was worth upgrading as I have heard the picture quality difference is not as noticable on a smaller size television. I currently only have normal sky and would like the other features Sky HD includes such as being able to record.

Also, Sky have quoted me a price of £249 for the Sky HD box, is this a good deal or can I get it cheaper?

Many thanks!

It depends on how far you are viewing it from, the bigger the TV the further away you will be able to see the difference. I have two 32in. TV and I have no problem with the PQ with them as I view them pretty close but if I had the choice I would get a bigger TV.

mrapriliafalco1

Yeah I have a 32in hitachi and the pic is fantastic.Most people get tv's that are too big for their living rooms and the quality is affected,my sister in law bought a 50in lcd and the pic looks fantastic sitting at the bottom of her garden with the patio doors open:suicide:

.Griff.

I've got a 32" LCD and the difference between SD and HD, from about 5 feet away, is extremely obvious.

That said I am in the process of upgrading to a 40"/42" screen to take even further advantage of HD.

gastroboy

Standard Member
You will definitely notice the difference. Although, some "HD" broadcasts are not HD but you will be able to tell easy enough.

charvelj

Sky hd on my JVC 32 inch is fantastic. You will not be disappointed with the picture, although the content leaves a lot to be desired !

Photograph from my tv....... Aquariavision HD

Attachments

• DSCF0541.jpg
    DSCF0541.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 65

jdp1962

Yeah I have a 32in hitachi and the pic is fantastic.Most people get tv's that are too big for their living rooms and the quality is affected,my sister in law bought a 50in lcd and the pic looks fantastic sitting at the bottom of her garden with the patio doors open:suicide:

I agree totally. The number of houses I've been in where there's a humungous flat-panel TV that completely overpowers the room. And whoever said you need a big screen to see the benefits of HD is talking complete hogwash. If you are happy with a 32" TV in SD, then you will happier still with it in HD. Equally, if your room size and viewing distance will suit a bigger screen, there's no reason not to get one, but bigger is not always better. Sometimes,. bigger is just.....well, bigger!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom