Sky+HD not downloading properly on certain channels.

Doctor Congo

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have a Sky+HD box. When I try to download programmes from certain channels on demand either the download doesn't get going and doesn't move past 1% or, as shown in the photo, nearly gets there then stops and won't go anymore.

I have paused the download, started again, sometimes it moves another 1-2% and stops again but mostly it doesn't progress at all.

The channels that it happens on are Channel 5 and Sky Max. All the others are totally fine.

I've unplugged the box and reset the WiFi connection but nothing works. I've also trawled the Sky forums but can't find anything very helpful.

Any suggestions please?

20211026_100954.jpg

Daft question but do you have enough storage space? Might be worth doing a hard drive clean to see if there are any errors...

Daft question but do you have enough storage space? Might be worth doing a hard drive clean to see if there are any errors...
There is 72% free space left.

How do I do a hard drive clean please? Would it wipe all my recordings off?

There is 72% free space left.

How do I do a hard drive clean please? Would it wipe all my recordings off?
I haven't done a planner rebuild in a long time and it didn't used to delete recordings. Can't say if it does or does not now.

To access it press services then 001 select on the remote. Move across to rebuild.

Just tried a Channel 5 program from on demand on my Sky+HD box and that downloaded fine. I do have a problem with on demand though in that it has stopped downloading the next episode from all channels.

I did the planner rebuild Lee. Sadly it made no difference. Just stops at a certain percentage and won't go any further. I asked the question on the Sky forum and didn't get one reply! 😆

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom