Sky+ HD, No Signal 2

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rossk26, Jan 9, 2012.

1. rossk26

rossk26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've had this problem now for over 3 months

I have the standard black Sky+ HD box, and cannot get a signal 2. When putting the wire from signal 1 into 2 and vice versa. There is then no signal 1.

We have sky+ in 3 rooms, with mine being the HD. I have tried my box in the spare room, and it works fine on there, so I think it's a problem with the second signal cable into my room.

Where do I stand with Sky on this? Have asked them to sort the problem but the box is out of warranty....

Thanks

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Good guess. :)

If you are out of warranty then you are also out of your minimum contract period. You could threaten to cancel your subscription unless they repair/replace the second cable - they will try and charge you £65 for it, but depending how much you pay on a monthly basis will dictate whether they waive that charge or not - or you can replace it yourself for a couple of quid.

3. rossk26

rossk26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have considered the threat to cancel route, and this is probably the first port of call.

We currently have 3 rooms with full sky packages, (Living room, and 2 bedrooms) We pay roughly £80-90 per month I beleieve, so hopefully this should make them want to keep our custom.

I'd also happily do the job myself If I knew what I was doing / what I needed. Would rather pay a couple quid and do the job rather than sit on the phone to sky and also wait in all day for an engineer to come.

Thanks for your reply :)

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    There's a much easier first port of call.
    Use the e-mail form at MySky to report the problem and ask them to send an installer round free of charge.
    Warranties don't come into it at all.
    That you're paying them such a vast amount is more than enough reason for them to fix it.

5. rossk26

rossk26
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have already spoke to 2 different people on their "live chat" feature, both of which would not offer to fix the faulty cables free of charge.

I will send e-mail now, and hope for a better response from this.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  6. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    I wouldn't use that, or the phone, or anything other than e-mail, but I can't guarantee anything - good luck anyway, and remember the forum slogan when you're after good service from Sky - Polite Persistence Pays.