• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD No Satellite Signal

Zippy77777

Hi guys

I use to have a sky minibox (single feed) and it worked perfectly.

I upgraded to an Amstrad HD Box, again I have no subscription to the HD channels so again only using single feed. It seems to work ok but every time I switch it on I have to go into the engineers screen and reboot the system or unplug it and plug it back in to get it to pickup a signal and the channels.

Its all locked on but says there is no default transponder! After a reboot or an unplug, it finds the listings again and all works perfectly. I then watched a recorded program, no probs, then once deleted and go to watch tv, there is no signal again and I have to reboot again to get it working.

Any ideas what might be going on here? :lease:

Zippy77777

I'm pretty sure it's all set up as it should be and the answer to your question is YES! Thx for the quick reply..

logiciel

Check whether the previous receiver still works properly, and if it does get the new one replaced.

Zippy77777

Came home tonight and switched the sky box on and all was ok. I watched a recording that recorded while i was at work and when i had finished watching it i went back to the tv and had no satellite signal again, although all still locked on :-(

I rebooted the system and all ok again, any ideas people?

logiciel

Any ideas? Yes, the one I posted above yours.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom