Sky HD - Multiroom with Multimo?

stickyhands

Hello There,

We are looking at getting Sky Multiroom in the flat....

We have a communal dish in a block of flats with 2 x LNBs wired into my flat that is feeding the HD box in the living room.

Sky refuse to touch the communal dish to supply additional LNBs to the bedroom for multiroom and I dont envisage the housing association being very forthcoming with supplying 2 additional LNBs.

My question is, could I use a Multimo in the bedroom (Multimo dish) to supply the required LNBs for Sky Multiroom? The bedroom window is on the same wall as the communal dish and only some 15ft away

I have a Multiroom viewing card that needs activating and I can hook it into the same phoneline as the HD box. I'm just wary that using multiple dishes to achieve this will actually work? - I cant see why it wouldnt?

Any input is much appreciated,

Al

Tony Hoyle

A Multimo may work but it all depends on what your window is made of. Double glazing pretty much won't work, neither will any 'treated' glass (where they put a reflective coating on to reduce heat). You need either a plain single piece of glass or, better, a non-glass substitute such as perspex.

I replaced the window in our living room with a perspex derivative (not sure of the name now) and it's been fine for a while. Looks just like glass from the outside but doesn't affect the signal. I've got a quad LNB on the Multimo and feed 3 different devices from it.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Sky refuse to touch the communal dish to supply additional LNBs to the bedroom for multiroom and I dont envisage the housing association being very forthcoming with supplying 2 additional LNBs.

Have you asked? Blimey Housing ass wired for sky HD must be rare enough.... your feed is unlikely to be from the dish direct but from a multiswitch on cupboard somewhere all you need is an extra feed from the switch.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom