• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sky HD+ Multiroom question.

parman

Hi folks. Currently have main living room box and one in the bedroom. Will sky do a deal for another Multiroom box or do I need to upgrade to Q. Cheers

sep8001

No reason why the would not, they will try and sell the Q but you can ask for an additional card and buy the box second hand.

A friend recently got three card without any problems, need to pay an additional £15 per card.

parman

Thanks for the reply sep8001,wasn't sure if sky were still doing deals on the old boxes now that Q is out there

parman

so i call sky, who informed me no further support for HD, no way of adding another multiroom unless i upgrade to Sky Q, that would be at a cost of £300, (3 boxes) not going to happen, I can sense an enquiry to Virgin soon

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
As posted above buy yourself a box, have it installed and then merely ring Sky for an extra multiroom card.

parman

Was on phone earlier about it , 2 calls and an online enquiry resulted in same outcome.... Not possible .. No support for HD. Would have to upgrade to Q. They reduced to £245 from the initial £300 quoted. When I said that wasn't happening and that I was gonna see what deals were available from virgin I was miraculously offered another viewing card. Just need to source a cheap box and install now.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom