SKY HD menu and IR Screen burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by johnbower, Feb 20, 2013.

1. johnbower

johnbower

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have had my new panny ST50 for 2 months now and am paranoid that i have screen burn from the sky menu.

I notice when a white image is shown that there are horizontal lines that show like the dirty screen effect only horizontally. they seem to be most noticeable in the centre of the screen

Just recently though i thought what if it's the lines from the sky epg i try to look for it and can't see the image that the epg would leave but is it possible that some of it would get burned in i.e. the lines and not the circle buttons for planner etc. or am i right in thinking that the whole epg would be burned in?

What's is the best way to show if you have screen burn?

If it is the sky menu i had a thought can anyone tell me if this will work

If i go into a mode i don't use say Game and reduce all the settings like contrast brightness to 0 and then when i want to use the sky menu go into game would that eliminate or greatly reduce IR?

2. showofdeth

showofdeth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I too was always on a para about screenburn but unless you display the same static menu or image on a screen with high contrast and brightness hours on end then it's probably just image retention. Just go into the picture menu and look for the scrolling bar screen wipe and leave it running til the image has gone. That's what I did whenever I noticed on my previous Panasonic plasma.

As for checking for IR ir screenburn you could try different colour slides from USB on SDcard. That's what I did. I found black and white slides the best for me.

3. Trollslayer

Trollslayer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,825
    With the Darwin release they removed the low contrast UI option.
    I had to mess about with my TV settings in order to get rid of the IR, it showed up most with a white background.