• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+HD Magic Eye

skyliner34

I've currently got two TVs in the house. Two feeds from 1 aerial in the attic straight into the TVs.

Im thinking of installing Sky MagicEye to view and control Sky on the 2nd TV upstairs.

2 Questions:

If I connect the 9V RF2 output from my Sky Amstrad DR890 with magic eye to the TV upstairs (theoretically not using the 2nd feed from the aerial)..

Will I still get all the freeview channels on the digital tuner on the 2nd TV and the Sky box on the analogue tuner on the same tv?

Will the Sky box pass through signal from the aerial when its in standby and also off at the wall?

logiciel

1. http://www.avforums.com/forums/sate...ere-youll-get-better-answers-right-forum.html
and
2. It's only the "control" that the "eye" does, not the "view".
Yes, cable from terrestrial aerial into Sky Aerial In socket, cable from Sky RF2 socket to extension location and there into socket of "link" device that has "eye" attached, device's plug into TV Aerial In socket, TV analogue tuned to Sky channel, digital tuned for Freeview, aerial passthrough works with Sky on standby, not when powered off.

dedlus

Standard Member
use the sky iphone app it works if you are on the same netwrk as your sky box - you have complete control of the box anywhere in your house

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
use the sky iphone app it works if you are on the same netwrk as your sky box - you have complete control of the box anywhere in your house

If you have an iPhone and your Sky box is connected to the same WiFi network...... just about everyone I'd guess.........

logiciel

:clap:Isn't if a big word?:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom