Sky Hd Magic Eye Problem

nettechth

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have a problem with my newly installed magic eye.

I have a sky HD box and have activated the RF2 output in secret menu etc and the magic eye LED is lit up indicating that there is a signal coming from the box to the magic eye device. However saying this, The 2nd TV in my bedroom does not appear to show anything except interference. The coax cable is 15m in length and I thought that this was causing the issue however I recently tried a smaller 0.5m cable and the same problem occurs.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to this since I have never used it before. I have tried to manually tune the 2nd TV to pick up the channels but am I needing to do something more specific to show a picture?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Stevenage Neil

Is your TV set to receive analogue signals rather than digital, (Freeview)?

Stevenage Neil

Wrong way round - it should be set to analogue.

nettechth

Standard Member
Ok, Thanks Stevenage, Will give that a shot. Also do you think 15m is too long a cable with an signal booster device?

logiciel

You've done the right test for the cable already - you know that it's the same with the short length.
You need to set an analogue programme number on the extension TV to receive channel 68.
Try it on the short length first, then change to the full length.
Do you have a terrestrial aerial connected to the Input of the Sky machine?

nettechth

Standard Member
Yes thats also another thing I thought I may have had to do. Is this easy to set a channel number up on my extension TV? (Toshiba TV) And by terrestrial aerial do you mean the satellite dish? Thats all that is coming in for the input to the sky machine anyway.

MartinPickering

Yes thats also another thing I thought I may have had to do. Is this easy to set a channel number up on my extension TV? (Toshiba TV)
Yes.

And by terrestrial aerial do you mean the satellite dish?

Funnily enough, no. He means "terrestrial aerial".
Since don't have one, the choice of RF channel number is irrelevant. You can set it to anything you like (or leave it at 68) and simply scan the analogue band on your TV. It will find the Sky RF channel and nothing else (if your cable is properly screened.)

Last edited:

MartinPickering

By "scan" I meant automatic. With no aerial input there should be nothing to find apart from the Sky RF channel. Make sure the Digibox is ON.

logiciel

Yes thats also another thing I thought I may have had to do.
Is this easy to set a channel number up on my extension TV? (Toshiba TV)
And by terrestrial aerial do you mean the satellite dish?
Thats all that is coming in for the input to the sky machine anyway.
You said that you'd already done it: "I have tried to manually tune the 2nd TV to pick up the channels".
Yes, as MP and SN say, by running an automatic scan - you don't have to do it the manual way.
No, they're two very different things.
If you do have one, going into the TV, it can go into the Sky PVR instead, to pass terrestrial TV to the extension TV.

nettechth

Standard Member
Thanks for your help guys. I had to scan my TV on band C and on channel 30 and also change the channel on the RF output to 30 then it worked, Thank you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom