• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD Intermittent Sound

wylie11

Standard Member
Hi all

Looking for some help/advice please.

Got my Sky HD hooked up to a Samsuing Blu Ray 2.1 Surround Sound in a box. Connected via decent HDMi cables and via Optical cable Blu Ray to Sky box!!

Problem is when I watch Sky movies etc through surround system the sound keeps going off and on for maybe a second or two at a time !!

Dont have a prob when watching DVD/Blu Ray as sound is fantastic, prob only when watching Sky.

Please help before I go nuts ha ha

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I have had problems before with the optical connector on the Sky box. Can you induce the fault by jiggling around with the optical cable where it goes into the Sky box?

wylie11

Standard Member
Hi

Its strange because sometimes i move cable around and i think its causing the intermittent sound then other times i move it around and it has zero effect !!!

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Easiest thing to do is to replace the optical cable - they are as cheap as chips.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom