Sky HD installed, bad picture on other TV's

Spike312

Standard Member
We have recently installed a new Samsung HD Sky + box. The TV that it is attached too has good picture quality however all other TV's in house are displaying interference lines. Does anyone know what can be done about this? I'm not very up on the jargon so please keep it simple!!!:laugh::laugh:

fredsie

You may be getting cross-channel interference from terrestrial broadcasts. The Sky box can be set to output the RF feed on any channel you like, using the installer menu. Depending on the set, you can normally try different channel numbers on your remote TVs to see if there's already a programme being broadcast on that channel (or nearby). If you can find a relatively broadcast-free channel (i.e. you just get "snow", no picture or sound) note the channel number and set your TV to that. Then set your Sky box's RF output to the same channel number.

Donali

I had the same problem. All my TV's are fed via RF2 through a digital distributor. I had to fit an adjustable attenuator to the RF input. It took a while but after trying various settings, it now works a treat. Maplin sell the attenuator if you need one.

Don

paulk

We have recently installed a new Samsung HD Sky + box. The TV that it is attached too has good picture quality however all other TV's in house are displaying interference lines. Does anyone know what can be done about this? I'm not very up on the jargon so please keep it simple!!!:laugh::laugh:

Just had a similar issue myself. Went from sky+ to sky+HD box and the other tv's (outside main room) stopped working on the sky channel they were tuned into. They are connected via RF out from the Sky box with a booster/splitter.

I went into the Sky programmers menu (0-0-4-Select I think) and switched RF on and altered it from channel 68 to channel 32 after doing a search on here.

I then re-tuned the other screens (manual retune to ch 32 analogue so just took a few seconds) and have a nigh on perfect picture on the other screens.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom