SKY HD in other rooms?

utigers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, done a bit of searching for this and not really found the answer.

My setup is Sky HD and then 5 TV's working off the magic eyes.

I would like one of those TV's (HD Ready), working off the magic eye in HD, like the one with the HD box.

I understand that the only way to do this is to get multi-room or run an HDMI cable (35m+)?

I do have a spare SKY HD box however, can I utilise this to enable me to decode the signal and get HD? i.e scrap the magic eye and replace it with an HD box?

Thanks for any replies

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The TVs are not "working off the magic eyes".
"Magic eyes" are small devices for sending remote control back to the Sky machine.
The channel that's currently selected on the Sky machine is sent from the RF2 Out socket by co-ax aerial-type cable to the TVs, presumably through some sort of distribution device.
The machine has only one HDMI socket so it's not straightforward to replace one of the cables with a HDMI cable, and in any case 35 metres would be both difficult to find and impracticable.
As you have the spare Sky machine the answer IS to use that.
The receptor on the dish has two spare outputs so you can get one connected to the machine.
Without a subscription it will not record, but it will get all the free channels.

It was easier to write that than to write "low-noise block downconverter", and to explain what one is.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom