sky hd in bedroom

johndaley

Standard Member
hi guys
i have sky+hd in the living room and a 5.8ghz av sender wich is recieved in the bedroom tv picture is fine not hd but i am not to bothered about hd in the bedroom. but the ir sender signal to change the sky channel does not work
with sky hd , is there any gadget out that will just change the channel on the sky hd box downstairs that can be operated from the bedroom.
thanks

logiciel

Hi and welcome to AVF.
The sender should handle the IR control the same way as it does the channel, but if you can't get it going then an IR Extender will do the job for you instead.

johndaley

Standard Member
thanks for the advice but the sender ir signal works ok with normal sky boxes but not with hd boxes.
i have looked at other ir senders and on some sites it states will not work with sky hd boxes so i am still looking but thanks once again for the help

logiciel

That's OK, and I've seen those reports, but IR is IR, and SKy HD's is much the same as any other device's.
My sender works perfectly with HD, but maybe because it's because it's a cheapo 2.4gHz model.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom