Sky HD how many re-boots this week

mickbirch2000

Just did another re-boot, the box was wirring this morning & the auto aspect flag via HDMI wasnt working properly.
The re-boot seems to have sorted it for the moment, this has to be the most unstable piece of kit yet invented, I'm currently doing 2 or 3 re-boots a week just to keep it running properly. Seems to have got worse since Anytime came along but I dont want to switch it off because the extra viewing resource is useful. Lets hope the next generation of HD box is either a lot better or has a BIG POWER OFF button on the front.....
:(
Mick

pwood

None since turning Anytime off. Dont see the point of Anytime as annoyance outways any possible benefit at this time.

Starburst

Novice Member
None and I use Anytime.

the_pidmeister

Non with anytime on.

Why is everyone fretting about the fan being on in a Morning?
:lesson:
My old Pace PVR1, PVR2 and now HD have always, at 5:59am Started the fans and done some kind of activity with the hdd. Personally it bothers me not 1 bit and I'm sure you will find that no ammount of reboots will stop the fan noise at certain times of the day.
:lesson:
Don't forget, when your box is in standby it is still drawing power from the mains (as well as supplying the LNB with power, it has to else everytime you switched it on it would have to search for listings :rolleyes: ) and hence transforming it which in turn generates heat which in turn builds up and once it reaches a certain level, the fan will come on to disipate it.

I'm sure people will disagree with me on this one but I had Sky+ from VERY early on and always noticed the fan noise at certain times and I came to the conclusion that it's to do with Stored or future recordings, wherby the box has to check everyday for schedule changes and such like in order to function correctly.

Just my theory and may not have any truth in it but it keeps my mind at ease:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bachstrad

No reboots here and Anytime is on too!

ATB

Max

Mike Groves

Just one - early this morning. Anytime had been losing items & by last all remaining programmes were at the "Last Chance" stage. No more recordings to replace the lost ones. So I did the switch off anytime, power off, wait 10 minutes, power on & restart Anytime routine. When I got up this morning the thing was busy. Good sign. I'll give it the rest of the day & then look to see what if anything has been captured.

CaffeineJunkie

No reboots for several weeks, and only 2 since I've had SKY HD (about 2 months).

Not denying that some people do get lots of hangs or that it is unacceptable, but its good that the people who dont get them are speaking up too. Otherwise it paints a skewed picture of the situation with the boxes.

N

NEIL J JONES

There is an anytime bug which results in the blue screen of death every morning. If you have this, turn anytime off but ensure you turn autostandby on and this will solve the problem. It will take a full 24 hours to work, so the following morning after doing this it will still freeze (Sky still trys to access the anytime stuff first time its switch off or something like that so I was told) but the following morning the freeze ups will be gone.

Sky are fixing this problem, dont know when the fix will be released.

Mike Groves

....but its good that the people who dont get them are speaking up too. Otherwise it paints a skewed picture of the situation with the boxes.

Quite agree there.

Mike.

N

NEIL J JONES

Not denying that some people do get lots of hangs or that it is unacceptable, but its good that the people who dont get them are speaking up too. Otherwise it paints a skewed picture of the situation with the boxes.

But its more important for people who are having problems to speak up, this way they may get an answer or get it confirmed that what they have is normal. I was one of the first here to report the anytime morning freeze bug and I was concerned it was my box, as time went on more and more people started reporting it so it made me realise it was not just me. At the time Sky did not have any other reports of this problem but since then thousands have reported it hence the fix which is on its way.

loz

Distinguished Member
Not one reboot this week, or since anytime began.

Had Sky HD since day one. I think I have had to reboot perhaps twice?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom