Sky HD How good is it really?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ayrshiredude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought, and amd very impressed with , a new Panasonic 42PX60. Watching Sky+ in most instances, in particular the movie channels, are of excellent quality.

My question is how much better will Sky HD look? Am I going to notice a big improvment? I have read about the box only upscaling standard def footage to hd.

2. krsone01634

krsone01634
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HD Channels and Football is remarkable. Worth the £10 alone. The sheer quality of the picture is better than you can imagine.

Go for it

3. sh8dy

sh8dy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I went into currys last night and was actually talked out of buying one jus yet. Sounds stupid on the sales persons part but i respect him for doing so!. He said personally he would wait because theirs only 14 channels.

But i think it depends on what your going to watch. I personally only wanted it for the football and movies but im not up for paying 300 notes plus £60 for installation and another 20 quid a month for the subscription! Im personally gonna wait i think!

Chris

4. Jaycee Dove

Jaycee Dove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    If you are getting it for movies and sports it would not cost you £20 more. In fact the Sky + fee is waived for HD so only the £10 pm HD charge will be added.

There may be few channels but with movies, sports, lots of drama on Sky and great nature shows it is worth it. And the PX 60 shows it off great. We have one.

Worth getting before May to see how the BBC do HD before they end their trial. It does some very good stuff in HD every day.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Not a huge profit margin for Currys acting as agents for SKY, shame you couldn't get the £150 deals all the main high street sellers have been doing recently.
    As for the 13 channels well they do cover sports, movies, documentaries and general entertainment which ain't bad for a new service although the quantity of the content will improve but there is something for everyone especially the sports and movie fan:)
    No argument though that the longer you wait the cheaper it will become and the choice of content should increase.

Depending upon your exising sub then HD is just another £10 a month, the SKY+ part is included in the HD sub.