Sky+hd hdmi to peojector.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Daz p, Jun 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Daz p

Daz p
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im having trouble connecting my sky+hd box to my projector I have a plus u5-532h projector and a sky+hd box I tried hdmi lead to vga port but no luck can anybody help me please.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,424
    'hdmi lead to vga port' - that is never going to work. If you have a cable terminated with HDMI at one end and VGA at the other please disconnect it and potentially Return it or bin it!

HDMI is Digital (usually carrying a Copy Protected signal) and VGA is Analogue - you require a 'Converter' to get them to work together and where the HDMI signal is Copy Protected you require a device which can 'deal' with the Copy Protection!

Fury2 – The Media Factory

You also need to ensure the Video Format of the Source (720p, 1080i or 1080p at 50Hz for SKY HD) of the Source is supported by the Projector - otherwise you also need to convert the signal format (often to 60Hz for data projectors).

Cost could become an issue and you may want to look for a different projector!

Joe

PS If you have an older SKY HD Box with SCART or S-Video Out and are not too worried about 'HD' image quality you could use a Composite Video or S-Video cable to the Projector.