Sky+HD HDD Upgrade

ive86

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

im waiting for a new 1tb drive to arrive to upgrade my sky+hd box, and just wondering is it possible to re-use the HDD in the sky box in an enclosure. After looking at the usb caddys, i was wondering can i just use a sata enclosure with the sky HDD to create an image on my pc, then swap it out for the new 1tb and restore the image, or would this have to be done via an actual usb sata caddy, thanks.

Ivan.

I'm waiting for a new 1tb drive to arrive to upgrade my sky+hd box, and just wondering is it possible to re-use the HDD in the sky box in an enclosure.
Yes, you can reuse the disk afterwards for PC use in an enclosure or mount internally if your PC supports it/has room.
My advice would be to keep the drive and also ensure that it can re retrieved easily if required. If you ever need to seen your Sky box back for repair/exchange you will want the original drive to put back in it.

After looking at the usb caddys, i was wondering can i just use a sata enclosure with the sky HDD to create an image on my pc, then swap it out for the new 1tb and restore the image, or would this have to be done via an actual usb sata caddy, thanks.
Yes, you can do this with Copy+ - Assuming sufficient space on your PC hard drive.
Of course it is quicker to transfer directly with two caddies if you have them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom