• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+HD HDCP error??

gpl

Established Member
I am living in hope one of you good people may have a solution to an issue I am having - my setup is showing 'display does not support HDCP'. However, for the last 2 months I've been quite happy watching sky in the same setup?
My equipt is
Sky+HD box via HDMI to a yam 1067, which them goes via HDMI to a Octava cat6 extender to my Sammy F86.

My other devices - DVD and media player all work fine, just not Sky?

If I connect direct, sky to TV it works.

So my question is - did sky update their software last night to cause this, or is there another reason for my woes (handshaking?).

All/ANY!! help is appreciated.

logiciel

I used to do it into the amp and out again to the TV, but you're adding complications with the extra devices and CAT cables, so I think you've just been lucky for those two months!
I reverted to Sky direct to TV, and if that's at all practical for you I'd recommend you to do the same.

BluWarfareHD09

Prominent Member
Does't the sky box have an optical out, if so could you not your audio to your amp via that, well thats if your amp has optical. I get this with my HDMI switch if I switch to quick after turning one of my other devices off, but if I click the channel select on the switch it works again, so I'm not too bother right now

gpl

Established Member
many thanks for the suggestions... unfortunately the box is located in another room as I was looking for a neat/minimal solution to all the boxes, so all cables were ran/buried in walls and under floor. I did test everything before covering with carpet or plaster, I even ran extra cable just in case!

I am pretty sure with all the testing.. new cables resets etc, things are pointing to the sky box - after all things were working fine and all other devices still work .

But comments / suggestions were appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom