Sky HD has changes while i have been on holiday!!!!

A

annesley

I have recently returned from 2 weeks holiday (6th August). When i left my Sky HD was working fine, nice and fast.

I decided to set a few programmes to record for my absence.

When i returned, i realised there had been a software upgrade. This has made my sky planner menus very very very slow. Also no programmes had record.

My fast forward and rewind is now very slow.

Has this happened to anyone else?

annesley said:
I have recently returned from 2 weeks holiday (6th August). When i left my Sky HD was working fine, nice and fast.

When i returned, i realised there had been a software upgrade. This has made my sky planner menus very very very slow. Also no programmes had record.

The same for me although recording is ok.

annesley said:

When was this upgrade I havn't noticed one on mine.

Try doing a planner rebuild - 4, 0, 1, Select from the service menu, second to bottom option (don't select the bottom one!).

What's the up to date software version number?

How do you check this?

Thanks!

annesley said:

This doesn't help you any, but I returned from a 3 week holiday on the same date (6th August). I set loads of stuff to record, and was astonished to find that every single recording has worked! I now have enough things to watch for a good few months! It is a sad state of affairs though when the customer is shocked to find something they have bought actually works like it is supposed to :rolleyes:

Apply the universal fix.

Turn it off (at the power) and then back on after a min or so.

It will now magically be much faster.

ibizarich said:
Apply the universal fix.

It will now magically be much faster.

What fix and how do you apply it ?:suicide:
My recordings are fine but I suffer from intermittent slow-downs in menu navigation.

Mattk84 said:
What fix and how do you apply it ?

Err... he just told you.

The planner rebuild is the best option for an epg slowdown. I suffered from it and after a rebuild it has been grand.

Abbeygoo said:
What's the up to date software version number?

How do you check this?

Thanks!

Go to :

* Services;
* System setup;
* System Details;

That's it.

I'm not too sure what the most up-to-date software version is...anyone??

andothfc said:
Err... he just told you.

The planner rebuild is the best option for an epg slowdown. I suffered from it and after a rebuild it has been grand.

no he hasnt,he simply said 'apply the universal fix'.i enquired what was this fix actually was and how i go about installing it.

Mattk84 said:
no he hasnt,he simply said 'apply the universal fix'.i enquired what was this fix actually was and how i go about installing it.

He did... It's the same universal fix that works for all electronics

ibizarich said:

Its easy enough to force it to do a software upgrade tho isn't it? I'm sure this is old news - unplug the machine from the mains at the back, press and hold down back up then plug it back in, keep it held down until all the lights on the front light up and the display on your telly reads - software update please wait this will take about 10 mins.

This will make sure you have the latest software.

"Is this happening to anyone else?"

This has happened to me on a number of occasions recently. EPG was dire - updating each piece of graphic about every second - and the rewind function was extremely poor/unusable. I switched the box off and on and all seemed well.
Just had the wife shouting me to come and have a look and guess what? Box has crashed and reset, series linked programs have been lost and some which aren't linked are now showing as linked?!?! Gave her the "what the bleedin hell have you been doing?..." routine but I think she may actually be telling the truth this time.

So, Is anyone else getting the same problem - mine seemed fine up until recently.

My software version number is HD 3.10q - is this the most up to date or should I do the thingymijigs suggested and update the software?

Thanks for any help!

Abbeygoo said:
My software version number is HD 3.10q - is this the most up to date or should I do the thingymijigs suggested and update the software?

Thanks for any help!

Mine's the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom