Sky HD & Harmony 1000

B

brktnk

Just got my Harmony 1000 and so far so good. The one major issue I have is that there are no coloured buttons (red, green, yellow, blue), which is obviously a pain given that is how one gets into the planner, etc. I appreciate that I could setup custom buttons on screen 3 but that is hardly convenient.

Anyone come up with a better approach?

dj-dulux

Same problem, however I have set 2 up and one sky box has HD channels in the planner list (so no prob) and one has the HD channels on the red button from the planner. Not sure why and both new boxes etc....

Any ideas??????

B

brktnk

The one that requires the red button for the HD channels is running an older firmware. Mine used to be like that and then as part of the updates they do it became option 2 in the channel listings and the red button is now Anytime TV.

Getting the red & green buttons on the main screen seems pretty critical and gven that Logitech supports the buttons through teletext one would imagine it cant be that hard to add them to the main screen.

dj-dulux

OK, thanks for info, how do I get filmware updated, do I have to call sky or can I do it from the box?

Thanks...

u02ai

Did you guys manage to get the actual icons for play/pause/record etc on the play/pause screen? I have setup for sky hd and have the commands written in boxes on page three along with the colours.
I have seen gunnerboys pictures on a previous link and seen that he has the actual play/pause icons setup under 'watch tv' so I know it must be possible. Even rang harmony who said it was strange and escalated to level 2 advice.

B

brktnk

Did you guys manage to get the actual icons for play/pause/record etc on the play/pause screen? I have setup for sky hd and have the commands written in boxes on page three along with the colours.
I have seen gunnerboys pictures on a previous link and seen that he has the actual play/pause icons setup under 'watch tv' so I know it must be possible. Even rang harmony who said it was strange and escalated to level 2 advice.
I had the same issue and rang harmony support and got directly escalated to Level 2 support. After 30 minutes of testing, the tech support acknowledged that there appeared to be a bug for the SKY HD box where the PVR controls disappear. I have found a short-term solution around it, which is to delete the SKY HD device and then re-add it but not customize any buttons and update the remote. As soon as I customize any buttons (red, green, etc) the play/pause screen becomes FUBAR'd. tech support has passed on to development team and said there should be a fix within 48 hours but coudlnt promise anything as she didnt know the extent of the bug.

dj-dulux

Any progress on the customise buttons spamming out the skyHD controls? I tryed again Sunday with no success! Need the coloured buttons!!!!!!!

Dupe...

hornydragon

Any progress on the customise buttons spamming out the skyHD controls? I tryed again Sunday with no success! Need the coloured buttons!!!!!!!

Dupe...
Have your tried using a PACE 3100 as model as all sky+/ sky HD commands are the same and the pace 3100 dataset is the most reliable for 55/655/525/785/885/895 and will check on a 1000 but try all the different sky+ commands sky HD isnt different as far as remote knows also you update firm ware by holding backup on front panel while hard powering on (wall switch) and wait till lights on box come on

u02ai

I had the same issue and rang harmony support and got directly escalated to Level 2 support. After 30 minutes of testing, the tech support acknowledged that there appeared to be a bug for the SKY HD box where the PVR controls disappear. I have found a short-term solution around it, which is to delete the SKY HD device and then re-add it but not customize any buttons and update the remote. As soon as I customize any buttons (red, green, etc) the play/pause screen becomes FUBAR'd. tech support has passed on to development team and said there should be a fix within 48 hours but coudlnt promise anything as she didnt know the extent of the bug.
thanks a lot for that info and also for chasing it up with harmony. will give that a try tonight. not ideal not to have any custmisable buttons though eh? keep us posted in progress mate

hornydragon

no idea if i hear anything I'll post it but if everyone having the issue rins tech support and moans then it will get sorted sooner

A

alfven_wave

Hi,

I've tried various SKY HD box IDs, only the PACE 3100 seems to set up the transport buttons - and yes, they magically vanish when I add in the coloured buttons. When you consider that a very large fraction of UK purchasers of this product are likely SKY HD owners, this must be a high priority bug. Can whoever finds this fixed first please post to this thread, as I can't be bothered updating my remote on a daily basis only to be dissapointed - why exactly does it take 5 minutes to update over ADSL anyway (pity anyone with a slow connection)?

Sborrone

Novice Member
Received my Harmony 1000 earlier today - sat infront of the computer with all the information ready to go - but it appears my SKY HD box is not going to work?

I will try a PACE 3100 as per HD's suggestion !

I hope tech support resolve this one soon...:lesson:

Sborrone

Novice Member
The PACE3100 certainly has the correct SKY + (recd, red grn, yel, blu) buttons as suggested -

Now to customize them with the correct colour

Sborrone

Novice Member
Will get back to you after I've throughly tested it -

At last something the better half can use (carefully) :rolleyes:

tangoman72

Cheers,

Lets be honest it has to be a selling point " but i bought it for you dear so you could work everything" ,lol

hornydragon

It is a fix in progress and should result in improved DB with streamlined Sky commands ie not searching for devices just one command set for sky, sky+ and Sky HD so 3 devices

T

talynino

Has anyone got an idea of when this fix will be available or if it is what is the best way to setup the Sky HD box, PVR > Thompson > Sky HD or Sky Digital > Sky HD. Do these different makes and models link to the same entry in the database for the Harmony or are they seperate.
Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton