SKy HD + freesat from sky + remote extenders

gforce08

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Will it work....

I have sky hd in my lounge. I also have a 3rd feed from my dish there for future 'expansion'. Currently I have sky distributed to 2 other rooms via RF2 and I use tvlinks to allow me to change channels on the sky HD box.

I'm thinking of getting a standard SD box, using the 3rd feed from my dish and getting a freesat from Sky card for it. Then setting it up this way:

Sky HD RF2 -> Sky SD RF input -> bedroom + kitchen (sky SD RF2)

So, I believe I can use different channels so I would be able to watch the output from the HD box and the SD box on different analogue channels, but how will the remotes work in the bedroom + kitchen? Will I be able to change channels on both boxes with their respective remotes? Or just the sky SD?

And will sky give me a freesat card since I already have HD at my address? :confused:

Anybody? Just looking to find out if sky will give me a freesat from sky card as an existing sky subscriber?

And also, how do the magic eyes work when 2 boxes are joined together like this? Has anyone else tried this set up?

Will it work....

I have sky hd in my lounge. I also have a 3rd feed from my dish there for future 'expansion'. Currently I have sky distributed to 2 other rooms via RF2 and I use tvlinks to allow me to change channels on the sky HD box.

I'm thinking of getting a standard SD box, using the 3rd feed from my dish and getting a freesat from Sky card for it. Then setting it up this way:

Sky HD RF2 -> Sky SD RF input -> bedroom + kitchen (sky SD RF2)

So, I believe I can use different channels so I would be able to watch the output from the HD box and the SD box on different analogue channels, but how will the remotes work in the bedroom + kitchen? Will I be able to change channels on both boxes with their respective remotes? Or just the sky SD?

And will sky give me a freesat card since I already have HD at my address? :confused:

One of these will let you control more than 1 skybox using magic eyes

Global SPC4 Super Plus Combiner

afaik Sky won't give you a freesat from sky card but will sell you one for a one off £20.00 fee. Bear in mind the card will only add a very few channels over what you can get without using a card

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom