Sky HD - Formula 1

denpot

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if the formula 1 is in HD? also does anyone know what the sport is screened on sky sports 1 and 2 and what is better movie channel 1 or 2 ?? basically i want motor sports not football on my sport channel.

Cheers..

Steve.

Put it this way ITV only went widescreen on F1 coverage this year ;)

ITV holds the rights to show it in this country so not its not HD as ITV currently don't have a HD channel. It can be picked up on other european Satellite channels in HD if you have your satellite dish pointing in the right direction.

There is apparantly two HD trucks that the company who do ITV's coverage have bought and are going to be in use for the european races. Still doesn't mean we will get it in HD though, rather that they will sell the coverage to others who do have the capability :(

Neil,

I have never delved into tracking other satelites or adding additional channels. Is there a guide you can point me to for this sort of thing. I understand i may need some additional hardware too...

Adam

I don't I'm afraid as I would like to see F1 in HD too :( There is another thread on here that mentioned it being on RTE if I recall.

Does anyone know if the formula 1 is in HD?.

As already mentioned it is - but not available in the UK via Sky/Virgin platforms. Only in mobile-phone camera style via ITV.

does anyone know what the sport is screened on sky sports 1 and 2

Not sure I follow the english of the question - what sports are boradcast on Sky Sports 1 and 2? In HD it tends to be football and rugby as far as I recall so far. But they show loads of other sports as well - but it will just be upscaled SD on the HD sports channels.

does what is better movie channel 1 or 2 ??

In terms of picture quality its been HD Movies 1 by a long chalk - I say its been because apparently the quality of 2 (and Sky One) has been increased this week so they should be much closer now.

basically i want motor sports not football on my sport channel.

Only motorsport I can recall on Sky is the A1 series - not watched it myself so cannot comment if its in HD or not.

Only motorsport I can recall on Sky is the A1 series - not watched it myself so cannot comment if its in HD or not.

Not in HD either!

Bring back the F1 Digital pay per view channel in glorious HD.

As a avid F1 fan I wouldn't have a problem parting with my hard earned for it.

Same here, F1+ was glorious although not on a race by race basis, it would have to be a season pass offering:)

Damn shame the Brands Hatch A1 isn't in HD:(

It can be picked up on other european Satellite channels in HD if you have your satellite dish pointing in the right direction.
]

I don't believe this is correct. There are several German channels on Astra at 19 Deg East that broadcast F1, (RTL, N-TV, ORF1, for example) including the practice sessions that ITV miss, but none of these are in HD. (At the moment anyway)
If you know the Sat that shows F1 in HD, can you let us know please. There are certainly plans for F1 to be filmed in HD, but it's not yet, as far as I know, I'm afraid. (ITV just pick up the feed that everyone else gets, btw. Check out RTL when the race is on and you will see. The likes of RTL and ITV just add there own countries' extra interest interviews to the main race feed.) It is good to switch between channels to miss the ad breaks though !

Thanks for that Robbie. Let's remind Bernie that F1 is supposed to be the cutting edge of technology - maybe he hasn't seen how good HD is - and not forgetting that the BEEB are showing the Cup Final in HD, this weekend.. (and it's a free channel )
Wake up Bernie..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom