• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD Ethernet port

Starburst

Distinguished Member
SKY are expected to offer content via the net direct to the STB and use wireless or ethernet based home networks for home distribution.
At the mo both ethernet, usb and sata are really just for future proofing as there are no services yet.

Giblets2

Not only that but half the disk space isn't used yet either! That may be remedied soon but don't hold your breath on the Ethernet, SATA or USB ports being used! :boring:

S

Schlammarama

So does the ethernet port do anything at the moment? - ie does it output a video signal as I was thinking about setting up an ethernet based home entertainment network.

Giblets2

:rotfl: Sorry but the tone of that last post just reminded me of the narrator from Peppa Pig! Those with small people will know what I mean...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom