• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD "Dealer" Manchester

J

jonebarl

Background: I live in Norway, and have a standard sky subscription (through my address in Wales where I also have a wee cottage). I've simply carried my box & card over to my home in Norway many years ago. My cottage is rented out.
The rub : I want to upgrade to Sky HD (to complement my Sony KDL-40X3500).
The Question - Is there a sky dealer somewhere in Manchester (I'm visiting this weekend) where I can take my card, buy a HD box from, and he'll do the sky call-back & pair the card to the new HD box.....
or, is there another solution that's less complicated.

Last time I got a new (standard) sky digibox from ebay I paired it at my sisters house, but I believe that HD needs a phone line & call-back or something.
Thoughts & advice appreciated.
Takk skal dere ha (as they say in Norway)
Cheers

ian-d

Established Member
If you already have a subscription, then ignore those that say a callback is required for setting it up with a Sky HD digibox, its simply wrong. Just order the box online, have it sent to Norway, call sky and ask them to pair the card and enable the services. No callback will be requested.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom