Sky HD cost - Query

T

TEDDYBASS

As I understand the cost structure for sky hd. If you have sky + currently and upgrade to HD you pay an additional £10 PM. Does this mean that if you have a standard sky box you will pay an additional £20 to upgrade to HD (£10 for the sky+ function and £10 for the HD function ?

darren_eaf

It depends what package you're on. If you subscribe to more than 2 premium channels (e.g. Movies or sports) then you wouldn't pay for the recording feature. Meaning it's just another £10.

If you wanted to use your sky box as multiroom, then it would be another £10 again.

Hope this helps. :)

jonoc

Novice Member
Yes unless you have at least one premium package, ie Sports or Movies, in which case it will only be £10 extra.

scottie50

Novice Member
I'm with you here Teddybass, my subscription would go from £20 per month(which her indoors is already giving grief over) to £40 per month :eek: .....100% increase.Which I can't justify to myself, let alone convince my accountant(yes her again)

W

wensleydale

Do you actually have to subscribe to the sky+ features though? I would've thought you could just have the HD subscription instead. It then depends whether you can justify buying a new box for £299 then not using a major part of its functionality!

Starburst

Novice Member
wensleydale said:
Do you actually have to subscribe to the sky+ features though? I would've thought you could just have the HD subscription instead. It then depends whether you can justify buying a new box for £299 then not using a major part of its functionality!

Well you don't have to take the SKY+ subscription but without the SKY+ bit you can't record HD programs in HD (or on any other external device) or record one channel and watch another and if you don't have HD movies or HD sport then the £10 HD sub is not very good value at all:)

SKY price products and services to make the higher priced bundles look better value and SKY HD is no different.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom