Sky HD Connections

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Freemantel, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Freemantel

Freemantel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Finally decided to buy a sky HD box as it's got much more room on the hard drive compared to our old + box. Not really bothered about HD picture (yet!) so am going to wait a while before I subscribe to the HD channels. I am wondering what's the best way to connect just now. Should I just connect via the scart cables or should I connect using the HDMI meaning I don't need to mess about in the back when I eventually get HD subs. I like the way scart switches between my DVD, cable box and Sky box when I turn dvd, cable box etc on. Don't think that will happen with HDMI...

Thanks in advance

F

2. derek500

derek500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +497
    I assume you're buying off ebay or somewhere? It might work out cheaper to do Sky's current £49 offer with the £9.75 HD sub for a year.

Connect by HDMI as you will get C4 HD, BBC HD and Luxe HD without the HD sub.

Don't forget 140gb of the HHD is reserved for Anytime and that is usually full of HD stuff, which you won't be able to watch (apart from C4HD programmes).

3. Freemantel

Freemantel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I've already got the box though. Got it at a bargain price of fleabay! When I swap it over I understand that I need to phone sky to get them to activate it but my question is can they do it at anytime or should I phone during office hours? Don't want the wife moaning at me if she misses eastenders!

4. anfukf

anfukf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    When I fitted an HD box for my parents without the hd subscription the normal cs could not pair the card without the hd mix,I had to be transfered to technical services to do it,so office hours only.That was a few months ago so they may have sorted the computers to allow it by now.