SKY+hd Connections img in here ;)

johnmcf

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this the long awaited connections of the new SKY+hd or are there other img's about showing connections in closer detail?

john

skyhd9sf7zc.jpg

Same picture as used on the SKY HD site

The Sky site gives details of all connection on the 1st edition sky HD

Still a good image :clap:

I think it really should have twin HDMI like it does SCART. Most hd ready TV's only have 1, so there's going to be a lot of problems with people having both SkyHD and a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player. :lesson:

Could always use component but then ya 360 is using up that option!

jay61076 said:
Same picture as used on the SKY HD site

The Sky site gives details of all connection on the 1st edition sky HD

Still a good image :clap:

can't see any further info on sky's site apart from the flash site

do you have a link for connections etc jay

dannius said:
I think it really should have twin HDMI like it does SCART. Most hd ready TV's only have 1, so there's going to be a lot of problems with people having both SkyHD and a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player. :lesson:

Gunna be a huuuuuuuuuuge demand for switchers I think.

dannius said:

Why?

What would you connect the other hdmi out to?

HDDVD recorder perhaps......

i like the look of the ethernet and SATA ports...heh......wonder if Sky will actually get around to using them....unlike the USB port on my Pace PVR3 thats not doing a lot....lol

btw, if you go to the flash site, just click on the image you see above and rotate it to the back view, it then gives you options to click on to zoom in closer....altho only to the standard connections, it makes no comment on the networking/SATA ports..heh

Michaelknell said:
Gunna be a huuuuuuuuuuge demand for switchers I think.

I'll just wait for the V.2 box :)

Nick_UK said:
I'll just wait for the V.2 box :)

Or the v3 since SKY are not known for adding basic features which are not really an incentive to buy the latest kit unlike a simple hard drive upgrade.

Once the UK gets a good selection of HDMI hardware then the market for switching devices will grow and prices drop accordingly.

Of course the HD-DVD or Blu-ray players may have multipule HDMI inputs/outputs that will serve the same purpose:)

Knyght_byte said:
i like the look of the ethernet and SATA ports...heh......wonder if Sky will actually get around to using them....unlike the USB port on my Pace PVR3 thats not doing a lot....lol

A home network solution is on the SKY roadmap so ethernet may be a path to that and of course SKY via Easynet will be offering internet based products and it's makes sense to have hardware that is ready to go.
SKY have said (or at least I read) the SATA will not be supported from launch but it's a no brainer that they will be offering HDD addons in time which unlike the current SKY+ will not require an installer visit to fit.

He didn't say that. He said SATA might not be there from launch, which would only affect plug-in external drives. The internal drive will be there and working.

Pretty much lost the recrdings on sky+ unless you tranfer them via dvd recorder.

Handy the scart out as if watching 4:3 it will allow "stretch", as hdmi wont auto switch?

why would you need 2 hdmi out?

and what bearing would this have on the requirement of a switcher?

can someone enlighten me, as i cant see the need :)

I assume that dannius was after an HDMI passthrough, i.e. one HDMI in and one out so you could daisychaing say a PS3 or Blueray/HD-DVD player through the Sky box and only need one input on your screen.

Nick_UK said:
He didn't say that. He said SATA might not be there from launch, which would only affect plug-in external drives. The internal drive will be there and working.

That's right.

The SATA interface for external connection will not be active or at least not supported in the software which is the same thing really.

AH i see internal HDD and possible future external SATA devices, with the whole HDMI thing i think its more likely that HD-DVD/Blu-ray machines will have an in and out port (required for HD recording when it arrives)

I think we should have learnt from the existing Sky+ box that just because a connector is fitted, we should not assume that it will ever do anything (the USB ports and interactive card slot to name but two).

Nick_UK said:
I think we should have learnt from the existing Sky+ box that just because a connector is fitted, we should not assume that it will ever do anything (the USB ports and interactive card slot to name but two).

You can actually use the interactive card slot to manage your account if you have a SKY credit card. Not ground breaking I know...but at least its somthing :p

wandgrudd said:
Bear in mind that’s only a render not a real photo.:)
Considering it's the same image that's on their website, rendered or not I'd hardly expect it to be different come launch.

What sort of digitial audio out sockets does it have an optical and coax would be nice?

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom