SKY HD connecting to Pioneer Plasma 505 XDE

M

Manoj_a

Sorry is this has been asked before,

I have just ordered SKY HD, and have read that some viewing issues might be encountered.

1) Can any one confirm this model will be affected (My DVD player is connected via HDMI and performs without any glitches.)

2) Pioneer says not to connect the SKY HD box via hdmi instead to use component (in the pioneer manual states compnent video Y, Pb, Pr), if I connect it via component will I still recieve the high defintion broadcast whilst viewing SKY Sports HD? Also as I was about to purchase a HDMI switching box, using a component connection methdo this would save me £160.00 shall I bother with new "component" cables any reccommendations?

Thanks in advance for helping a complete Novice!:smashin:

Mike Groves

Manoj_a said:
Sorry is this has been asked before,

I have just ordered SKY HD, and have read that some viewing issues might be encountered.

1) Can any one confirm this model will be affected (My DVD player is connected via HDMI and performs without any glitches.)

2) Pioneer says not to connect the SKY HD box via hdmi instead to use component (in the pioneer manual states compnent video Y, Pb, Pr), if I connect it via component will I still recieve the high defintion broadcast whilst viewing SKY Sports HD? Also as I was about to purchase a HDMI switching box, using a component connection methdo this would save me £160.00 shall I bother with new "component" cables any reccommendations?

Thanks in advance for helping a complete Novice!:smashin:
1) Yes

2) You will still get HD through component - use the best cables you can afford.

M

Manoj_a

Thanks, one more question the component I presume is only used for visual and not audio am I correct?

Mike Groves

Manoj_a said:
Thanks, one more question the component I presume is only used for visual and not audio am I correct?
Correct. Use optical to connect to an AV amp and/or scart to connect to the Pioneer box (input 2 - the component will also use input 2). Remember to tell the Pioneer setup that the connection is component. There is actually a picture of this setup in the Pioneer handbook.

Top Bottom