sky hd component output definition

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by shuggy, May 1, 2007.

1. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi, im a sky HD user and my LOEWE spheros TV has broken and is being replaced by the insurance man:devil:
    Now the replacement will be a 1080p fullhd set but with 2 unique points
    1. It will feature a mpeg 4 satellite tuner inbuilt- Ill let you know if it receives sky- unlikely probably astra:boring:
    2. It will feature an inbuilt High Definition HD recorder -a product first. Regulations do not allow HDMI inputs to do this but it will record via component. However I cannot find one thread to tell me the output resolution of the sky HD components. is it 1080i :clap: or is it downscaled:suicide: :suicide:

Has anyone on this forum got any idea?
    Thanks

2. czytt

czytt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Sky will out put 1080i via component, so you should be safe with that.

Not sure about the "product first" on the inbuilt HD recorder, though. Seems to me that your Sky HD box does precisely that. Unless you're talking about it being able to write to HD-DVD or Blu-Ray, of course.

Jerry

3. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks cyzzt.
    Great news about the components.
    No I was meaning that it was the first actual TV to have an inbuilt HiDEf HD recorder (or so I and Loewe think)
    I will still favour Skys own HD box but, for must keep films, eg Lawrence of Arabia- stunning in HD and Star wars, BBCs Weller and Winehouse HD sessions etc then I would like a more permanent repository as my Sky is now 90% full.
    I saw the sharp blue ray HiDef Blu ray recorder at fenwicks when I went to order the TV (TEASER!Not for sale:( ) Smart and great 1080p picture. I know this will be the long term archiving solution but until it reaches £300 ? 2 years I need an alternative.
    Shuggy

4. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Does the component output on SkyHD box have macrovision enabled on it like some upscaling DVD players do.

I know its not an issue as it can be dealt with - just indicating it might not be as simple as plugging the skyhd box in via component directly to the TV ;)

5. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Im depressed now!