• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD - Changing Remote Codes

D

Dazza7

Does anybody know how to change the code on the Sky HD box/remote?

The problem I have is my HD box is in the same room as my Sky+ box, so when you change channel on the Sky+ box it changes the channel on the HD box. Worst still, when you delete programs off your Sky+ planner it also deletes the programs on the HD planner.:mad:

I've been told it can be done and somebody I know saw a engineer do it (but didn't bother watching how). I phoned up Sky asking how to do it but their reply was "There is no 'official' way of doing it"

Can anybody help?

iaincsb

Standard Member
Dazza7 said:
Does anybody know how to change the code on the Sky HD box/remote?

The problem I have is my HD box is in the same room as my Sky+ box, so when you change channel on the Sky+ box it changes the channel on the HD box. Worst still, when you delete programs off your Sky+ planner it also deletes the programs on the HD planner.:mad:

I've been told it can be done and somebody I know saw a engineer do it (but didn't bother watching how). I phoned up Sky asking how to do it but their reply was "There is no 'official' way of doing it"

Can anybody help?

Hi Dazza
I have both boxes one above the other.
You will need this device:
http://www.skyeye.force9.co.uk/skyeye8.htm

1.It Plugs into RF2 on my SKY+ box.
2. Using the supplied instructions, covert your existing SKY+ remote to use the codes of a standard SKY box remote. (Instructions are on the skyeye site but are included with the product)
3. Once the remote is paired with the skyeye it will controll the SKY+ box without touching the HD box.

I use a Harmony 885 remote but I have managed to duplicate this on a One for ALL 6 remote.
Using the instructions provided I am able to control both boxes without affecting the other.

I hope this helps a bit

Iain

D

Dazza7

Cheers Iain, I'll place an order and hoefully solve the problem.:smashin:

I am surprised Sky didn't think that people may have 2 boxes in the same room/cupboard...

...oh, hang on, it's Sky....nope, I'm not surprised:D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom