Sky HD - Can you remap SD to HD channels?

Furio

Standard Member
I just upgraded from sky to sky+ HD. All of the channels that used to be in SD such as sky one (106), have been removed and replaced by sky one HD. However channels such as BBC one are still in SD and I have to hunt for the HS version. Is it possible to remap the channels so that when I go to 101, i watch BBC one HD and not BBC one?

Thanks all in advance

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Sadly no.
There was an option in broadcast standards to do so (terrestrial and satellite) but I have never seen it implemented.
Maybe they want people to be aware of HD, I don't know.

Furio

Standard Member
A shame as there is no reason I would want to watch non HD versions so it just makes it more annoying to watch channels. Good that sky channels have done it though. Maybe we can jope for this in the future. (Just when I learn all the channel numbers off by heart :p)

Thanks for the reply

Graham27

I just add all the HD versions to my favourites and flick through them with the blue button. Admittedly they're not in the correct order, but you get used to it! :)

wysinawyg

Or just use the HD tab as the default for flicking through.

Bit of a pain Sky chooses to do this (or deosn't at least let you pick HD as the default tab) although I believe the only reason they're allowed to is because BBC1 differs in regions in a way BBC1HD doesn't.

archie2000

Buy a Harmony One remote and set up your favourites as icons on the touch screen. One press and it takes you to the required channel. I have BBC1HD, BBC2, ITV1HD, Ch4HD, CH5HD, Sky1HD, BBCHD, followed by HD sports channels and then HD film channels

logiciel

Welcome to AVF Furio, though the rules do ask posters to check for their topic before starting a new thread, and this topic has been covered many times.

logiciel

Welcome to AVF Furio, although the forum rules ask posters to check for their topic before starting a new thread, and this one has been covered many times.

asprint

Novice Member
I just upgraded from sky to sky+ HD. All of the channels that used to be in SD such as sky one (106), have been removed and replaced by sky one HD. However channels such as BBC one are still in SD and I have to hunt for the HS version. Is it possible to remap the channels so that when I go to 101, i watch BBC one HD and not BBC one?

Thanks all in advance
The Sky BBC HD channels are on 143 and 169, can't see why that is too difficult to remember as you currently do for 101 and 102?

logiciel

I see why.:)
It's easy enough to get round though, as the others have suggested.