Sky HD Cabling query

hobo28

Standard Member
Hi all

I've just ordered Sky HD taking advantage of the Bestbuy half price offer.

However, i'm starting to worry about what cabling requirements are because I spent a fair bit getting my room sorted so all the cables are hidden.

What I would like is basically main Sky HD box in the lounge so I can plug into the main TV. Then what I would like is a RF feed from the main box to the kitchen and another to the master bedroom.

So if I am counting right, that would be four cables (two for sky, two for distribution) which would have to be drilled in/out of the side of my house and then tacked along the feature wall where my TV is wall mounted.

Am I right? That would be really annoying as it would totally ruin the look.

John

If the Sky box is not going next to an exterior wall, then the cables are going to have to go somewhere. Did you not consider this whilst planning your room ?

Its a bit difficult to comment with knowing more about your existing set up and room layout

hobo28

Standard Member
Well two years ago when i had the TV wall mounted, i never thought I'd get Sky. I already have a Freesat cable running behind the wall.

Its a plasterboard wall so I may slice a hole in it then replaster after. Messier than I'd like but at least a one off.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom