Sky+ HD box wont output SD channels to 1080i

dmx0007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi i would like to know i have got a SKY+HD box and have it connected to my LG 42" LCD TV via SCART and at 1st ALL the channels would be at 1080i and now i switched my TV on and each channel it says now is 576i.how can change it so its 1080i,even the HD channels have gone to 576i as well.can you please help?

Because you are using Scart.

You have to use HDMI.

Scart does not do HD.

no it wasn't a joke post,i changed the SKY+HD settings to 1080i and it stil says 576i and since iv had the TV iv always had it on scart and it said 1080i so i was just wondering why its scaled down.

Well then you are in for a pleasant surprise.

Turn off the Sky box and TV , Get a HDMI cable , plug it in , remove the scart , switch on the TV to the HDMI input , set the Sky box to output 1080i , and get ready to see HD material in HD for the first time !

He doesn't need a HDMI cable. He has already stated he has a magic SCART lead that does 1080i.

He doesn't need a HDMI cable. He has already stated he has a magic SCART lead that does 1080i.

No need for the sarcasm mate , it wouldnt be the first time Ive come across HD equipment set up that way , better to ask the question and feel foolish for a few minutes rather than not ask and stay foolish forever!

It wasn't sarcasm. I took what he said to be the truth, therefore leading me to believe that his SCART lead was in some way unique. Why should we doubt what he says, especially as he has now stated it twice. The fact you have come across HD equipment set up in any way is irrelevant. I hope this doesn't seem rude.

No need for the sarcasm
There was no sarcasm, and to say there was is close to breaking a forum rule.
OP clearly stated twice that he had a Scart lead that had carried 1080i.

dmx007: Can we be clear on this - the Sky machine is connected to the TV only by Scart, not by HDMI?
If so why wasn't it connected when it was installed, by the HDMI cable that came with it?

Last edited:
Could it not be the TV is connected by both a scart and a HDMI ? The issue being that the wrong input has been selected and thats why its showing as 576i ?

Maybe the OP can confirm how many cables are going from the sky box to the tv and also what input the TV is on.

See above.;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom