• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD box recording troubles

Kotori

Standard Member
Hello,

I'm having some problems with my Sky HD box at the moment. The problem seems to arise when recording 2 programs at once. What seems to happen is that one of the programs starts recording, and the other doesn't, even though it should. Trying to watch any channel results in a 'There is a technical fault with this channel' message, perhaps because it should be trying to record 2 things at once and thus cant watch another channel, even though it isn't doing so properly.

It seems as perhaps one of the tuners is getting "stuck" somehow, but I'm not certain as I haven't been able to narrow the problem down properly.

I'm on an Amstrad box with the old EPG at the moment

Any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate any help

The box is about 2 months old

Maxtoon

I had a similar problem so I just disconnected the mains supply for 30secs and that cured it. if that fails do a planner re build .. these are the first things I would do :smashin:

Kotori

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. Powering it off and back on again does resolve the problem, but unfortunately only temporarily :(

kevmarshall

Check your signals in Settings to see if they are both locked?

A planner re-build would be my first step....Services-4-0-1-Select-7

Check your settings for recording. Don't add anything to start or end of recordings, leave on 0 or Auto.

Last edited:

Kotori

Standard Member
The signals both seem to be locked, although once when I went in, one of the signals showed as not locked, but a reboot made it come up as locked again. I've not seen it unlocked since, however.

I've tried a planner rebuild today, but unfortunately it hasn't helped. The padding on the recording is already set to auto

Many thanks for the reply

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom