Sky HD box - no pic and no sound!

Kazza72

Established Member
Reaction score
My HD box is just out of warranty and was working fine up to yesterday. Then today it just will not work - no picture or sound. It's connected to two tv's (one via component and one via hdmi) and both have been fine previously.
I have arranged for a sky engineer to come out but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem?

take it you have done the usual and turned it off for a couple of minutes etc etc?

um , yes. I have completely unplugged it 6 or 7 times, turned it back on and it starts with the red standby light. When I then turn the sky box on (ie. get the green light) nothing happens and I cannot turn it back off (ie. to the red light/standby) or anything.

I have an engineer coming out next week so I guess I'll just have to wait for that. :thumbsdow

You could see if you can get it to do a planner rebuild (you'll be working blind obviously).

After you turn it on and get the green light immediately press Services and then 4, 0, 1 and Select in quick succession, press up arrow twice and Select. The box should turn off and then do a similar thing to when you pull the power plug, i.e. whirr a bit and not respond to the remote for about 2 mins.

Also, have you tried plugging in the SCART to see if that works?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom