Sky HD Box keeps pausing

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Beany31, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Beany31

Beany31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +587
    Hey guys, i have a slight problem with my sky hd box in the fact that it keeps pausing after about 5 or 10 minutes of viewing. i've reset the box completely and done numerous planner rebuilds and it is still the same.

I've looked at the remote to see if there is anything sticking the button in and the same on the Sky box and I cannot see an issue with either.

Has anyone come across this or have a work around as it is really frustrating :( not tried phone sky yet.

2. Hedgehog1979

Hedgehog1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Do you have anything connected to the HD box i.e. rf cable with a magic eye or a video sender? Does the led on the box flash when it happens which would indicate it is picking up an IR signal from somewhere?

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,765
    I wouldn't call it a slight problem, and it's the first time we've had it, but it IS up to Sky to fix it.

4. Beany31

Beany31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +587
    From what I can see there's no light showing up each time it pauses. Yeah there's an rf cable connected to the sky box so I can distribute the signal to my bedroom sky on the return feed in the flat. Could it be the reason?

It's only started doing it recently... Within the last 2 months. Had sky for nearly a year.