Sky HD Box - Electric current on back???

adskin80

Guys,

I have the thomson Sky HD box, I took the HDMI lead out to use it. When replacing the lead it felt like there was a small electric current on the back of the box. Similar to what you feel when you put your tongue on a 9v battery.

Is this normal, I'm a little worried. :rolleyes:

phelly

Novice Member
Sounds like Earth leakage. (Not as in the planet is slipping away through your box tho')

I wouldn't worry to much as it should be fine for now. However it will be bound to break as soon as the warrenty runs out, so 'd get it swapped. If sky are funny about it, just mention childrens figures and all that.

fozzieAV

Guys,

I have the thomson Sky HD box, I took the HDMI lead out to use it. When replacing the lead it felt like there was a small electric current on the back of the box. Similar to what you feel when you put your tongue on a 9v battery.

Is this normal, I'm a little worried. :rolleyes:

Just wondering why you were using your tongue to reconnect the cable :rotfl:

I hope you don't do the same with the mains cable :eek:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It has nothing to do with whether the RF2 9v is turned on or not...it is just earth leakage.

SamRadford

For good technical reasons, you must not touch connections on equipment which is powered up.

muffins

It is recommended that when removing and inserting HDMI leads that the AV equipment be switched off.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom