Sky+ HD box digisender

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazurtoids

Got a replacement HD box for my old standard....swapped the card in everything worked except the record function so rang Sky to pair the card and box.....originally my Nikkai 5.8 sender/receiver was working too in that I could view and change channels in another room....but after ringing Sky and being informed I needed a software update I can now only view but not change channels in another room......is there a fix for this? can the update be rolled back for instance

It's nothing to do with any change to the machine.
Check the connections and if necessary try another frequency.

Hmm yeh...I tried resetting the receiver by turning off the power switch and holding the channel button for number of seconds

could change channels momentarily then nothing.....all the connections and settings on the sender are the same as they were when it worked prior to ringing Sky, annoying

If you know where the IR emitter is on the videosender's first unit look at that on the screen of a digital camera while someone sends IR control from the other room.
That should show flashes of visible light, and if it doesn't try bringing the second unit nearer to the PVR.

Now you mention it you can normally see a light flash on the front of both sender/receiver when a remote button is pressed......can't see any light on the receiver, haven't checked the sender

OK - that'll tell you whether it's one of the videosender's units that's gone wrong.

Got this sorted...moved the magic eye receiver type thing maybe a cm to the left and found the IR sensor, pfft problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom