Sky HD box connectors

UKenGB

Can someone please let me know exactly what connections are available on a Sky HD box?

- Undoubtedly there are 2? SCARTs, but what is available on each? Composite Video? S-Video? RGB? Component? Audio?

- Any separate S-Video output(s)?

- Digital audio (optical or co-ax?)

- Analog audio output(s)?

Ought to be possible to get this info off the 'Net, but so far I've failed, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

dazzysima

Standard Member
Can someone please let me know exactly what connections are available on a Sky HD box?

- Undoubtedly there are 2? SCARTs, but what is available on each? Composite Video? S-Video? RGB? Component? Audio?

- Any separate S-Video output(s)?

- Digital audio (optical or co-ax?)

- Analog audio output(s)?

Ought to be possible to get this info off the 'Net, but so far I've failed, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
2xSCART
S-Video
Optical Audio
Analog Audio
Component
HDMI

UKenGB

2xSCART
S-Video
Optical Audio
Analog Audio
Component
HDMI
What does each SCART provide. Is it like the old Sky box with RGB on the TV SCART and only Composite Video on the VCR SCART?

Is the S-Video 4 pin mini DIN socket?

No co-ax digital?

Component by 3 RCA phono sockets?

Starburst

Novice Member
What does each SCART provide. Is it like the old Sky box with RGB on the TV SCART and only Composite Video on the VCR SCART?

Is the S-Video 4 pin mini DIN socket?

No co-ax digital?

Component by 3 RCA phono sockets?

RGB on the TV scart and Composite on the VCR scart, same as digibox.
S-video is a 4pin mini Din.
Only optical connection not coaxial and yep 3 RCA for component.

Pictures and further info can be found on the SKY HD website.

A

aimeelou69

does the box come with an HDMI cbale
if so how long is it?

UKenGB

Pictures and further info can be found on the SKY HD website.
Well I've looked many times and have never found any such technical info on Sky's site. Sadly it's not untypical, but why is there such a lack of technical information? How come people don't want to know what they're getting before parting with their cash? Amazes me.

Thanks for the help. All I need to do now is find one at a sensible price.

kevmarshall

Novice Member
The info can be found in the Sticky thread 2nd from the top of this forum.:lesson:

Scroll down the page to General questions.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom