SKY HD box - £149 new & existing customers

It's good deal, one bad point is that you have to take multi-room for the free install, I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow to see if I can get the 149.00 deal without multi room, I guess I will have to pay for the installation which I don't mind.

sunil, This is a company offer any ideas what companies are running this promotion. Can you PM me the details. Thanks

Why does it say 'employeeoffer' in the url...? I rang Sky last week, they insisted it was still £299. Has it changed since then?

Edit: Nevermind, i can't apply for this.

These offers are only available to employees of companies that have joined the Motivano benefits Scheme. You will need to supply the name of the company you work for when taking up this offer

Why does it say 'employeeoffer' in the url...? I rang Sky last week, they insisted it was still £299. Has it changed since then?

This is the reason why 'You're on your way now…Just take a moment to answer these questions so we can work out whether you are able to sign up to Sky online. Or, if you would prefer to speak to a helpful advisor, please call 08702 ******** and quote "Partner Offer" and your Company Name.'

You also have to enter your company details on the online application form, which why you have to know what companies are running this promotion in order to get the deal.

If you can get this deal you will also get 10% off the TV Packages, ie full package with HD is normally 53.50 on this deal it will be reduced to 49.15 for the first 12 months

no idea mate, but i'll try to give a call tomorrow and let you know how it goes, i work for a PLC hopefully it shout go thru..

always worth a try, afterall nothing to lose!

sunil, This is a company offer any ideas what companies are running this promotion. Can you PM me the details. Thanks

no idea mate, but i'll try to give a call tomorrow and let you know how it goes, i work for a PLC hopefully it shout go thru..

always worth a try, afterall nothing to lose!

Thanks for that, I look forward to hear how you get on.

Bit of an idea of the members of the scheme on their web page:

o2
ITV
Ajilon
Thus
Gist
Towry Law
Cancer Research UK
Novartis
Adecco
Arcadia
Argos
Arup
Coca Cola UK
EC Harris
Fujitsu HM Treasury
ICAP
Laing O'Rourke
Microsoft
Mitsui Babcock
Mizuho
News International
Pfizer
PIFC
Qinetiq
Rugby Football Union
Schlumberger
Sumitomo
Tchibo

So say you work for one of them!

I've just placed my order,

New Customer HD Box for 149.00, with £60.00 installation because I didn't have the multi-room,

I perfer to pay for the installation becasue it means I have say in how they fit it.

I'll report back when I here anything.

Is it possible to take advantage of this offer for just the box only (i.e. no installation)?

I have Sky+ so I should be able to change over the box myself?

Is it possible to take advantage of this offer for just the box only (i.e. no installation)?

I have Sky+ so I should be able to change over the box myself?

It's you again, :hiya:

The answer is yes if your lucky, phone the number of the web site, go through all the questions then just ask for the box only I'm sure they will do you deal if you agree to take the multi room if not they might charge you for installation. It's got to be worth a go. :thumbsup:

Right heres my situation. I currently have SKY multiroom and wanted to upgrade to SKY HD. Is it possible to have SKY HD in the bedroom but the normal SKY box downstairs? or do i have to have both as SKY HD boxes? Obviously i will have to pay the extra service charge for the HD channels but dont want it downstairs, just to replace the multi room box upstairs.

Many thanks

It's you again, :hiya:

The answer is yes if your lucky, phone the number of the web site, go through all the questions then just ask for the box only I'm sure they will do you deal if you agree to take the multi room if not they might charge you for installation. It's got to be worth a go. :thumbsup:
Yep, sorry. :blush:

I'm thinking of just going for the box only to take advantage of free BBC HD.

currys are doing a deal til 9th of may sky HD for £149 plus £60 intall for existing customers and new

Just been on the scheme website, and put in all my details and pretended I worked for o2 :oops: , didn't actaully complete the order, got to the stage of putting in my credit card details.

Will Sky actually need proof that you work for o2 (or any other companies) as i don't!!!! Just don;t want to get in trouble thats all :thumbsup:

Let us know,

lydiachris

Yep, sorry. :blush:

I'm thinking of just going for the box only to take advantage of free BBC HD.

:hiya: , No worries

I don't think you will get a deal on only the box, even from Independent sellers they will make you take the Sky the package or they will charge you the full price for the box. It might be worth watching eBay to see if a box comes up on their.

Just been on the scheme website, and put in all my details and pretended I worked for o2 :oops: , didn't actaully complete the order, got to the stage of putting in my credit card details.

Will Sky actually need proof that you work for o2 (or any other companies) as i don't!!!! Just don;t want to get in trouble thats all :thumbsup:

Let us know,

lydiachris

I ordered online and was honest and quoted the company I work for, went through all the payment details, confirmed my payment and the system gave me reference number etc, I am still waiting confirmation from my CCC that payment has been taken.

I also phoned the number to ask a couple of questions none of the operators on that number knew anything about offer, I was given the VIP number, they didn't know anything about the offer, I even gave the operator the web address went through all the questions I wanted answers to, mentioned the company I work for, who incidentally pay SKY millions of pounds year in advertising revenue, she didn't say I couldn't have the offer so I completed the online transaction. Now it's just wait and see.

Went into my local Currys in Chingford,East London.Saw a sign up saying Sky HD box 1/2 price for all customers.Spoke to a very friendly salesperson(name Aidan) who said there was no condition to buy a HDTV or anything else to qualify.Paid £30 to Currys and £119 to Sky.Installation going through on Saturday.Result!! So if you live local to Chingford give it a shot.:thumbsup:

does anyone know if the half price in store offer is available in the republic of ireland? or failing that northern ireland?

thieving little toad, I posted that deal on hotukdeals.co.uk :rolleyes:

I was mailshot it at work (o2) so just use that as the company, I highly doubt they will ask for any other credentials, if they do drop me a pm with what they are asking for:cool:

Right heres my situation. I currently have SKY multiroom and wanted to upgrade to SKY HD. Is it possible to have SKY HD in the bedroom but the normal SKY box downstairs? or do i have to have both as SKY HD boxes? Obviously i will have to pay the extra service charge for the HD channels but dont want it downstairs, just to replace the multi room box upstairs.

Many thanks

You should be able to convince the installer monkey to screw in to the connectors on the new Octo-LNB Sky HD comes with to the existing runs of cables, maybe crossing their palms with 10 pounds or a sandwich may help. The dish will be in your existing position. Remember, you are paying for a FULL install from scratch, some monkeys wing it and re-use existing cable runs when the main box stays put, and mount the new dish on the old wall mount.

Or you could do it yourself.

Multi-room is paying for the extra cabling work, not the LNB.

lads,

this looks dodgy,not sure if its a genuine sky web page.how can we verify,it asks for your phone password which is very strange.i called sky and spoke with six people over 32 minutes and no one had a clue.

should we be suspious

rob

someone on the hukdeals forum said that sky were having a technical error and to try reprocessing it on friday.

I got mailshot the link to my work email, and the offer is on the front page of my internal work perks website.

perksfromo2.co.uk (redirects to motivano). It is genuine, for a more detailed read check the thread out on hotukdeals.com

anyone have any problems, feel free to drop me a pm, can take screenies if anyone is worried :rolleyes: :)

also there is a similar strange looking sky page giving away 22,000 tickets to see previews of a painted vail and 28 weeks later, its all above board though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom