• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky HD - Blocky Picture

D

denwatts

Has anyone else encountered blocky patches when watching Sky HD?

I was watching Enterpise the other day in HD and in one scene there was blockyness on Archers forehead.
In another scene enterpise went into some bright red nebula and half the red went all blocky and greeny.
It really sticks out on enterprise but is also apparent on movies and even BBC HD although on BBC HD it is not as prominent.

I have an Hitachi 42PD7500 Plasma HD TV.

hdsport

I know its really annoying and I'm really worried about the football with the football league starting next week in HD, as I think its going to make it impossible to watch this morning was watching Summer Soccer AM on SSHD I know its a SD show but whilst playing a clip of whem Birmingham got relegated it was all across the middle of the picture.

here's a photo (not great but does show it)

I know its been mentioned before but are SKY doing anything about it (I dont have time to keep up on these things!)

hdsport

Thats good to know I didnt watch all of it and it was just that bit I still get the flickering/blocking on the cricket....I just hope it is sorted for the (English) season's start..

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom