• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY HD - audio question...

kevshed

Established Member
before anyone starts flaming me.... Yes i've done a search etc etc - but all the responses are quite old, so im hoping that time has delivered a solution.

Question....

If i have SKY HD, connected via HDMI & Use the optical output. Will i still get sound (even 2Ch) over the HDMI ?

hoping for the right answer....

Thx
Kev:rolleyes:

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Yes you will get at best stereo over HDMI at the same time as the optical (and on some boxes coaxial) is in use, still no 5.1 on HDMI though.

kevshed

Established Member
Yes you will get at best stereo over HDMI at the same time as the optical (and on some boxes coaxial) is in use, still no 5.1 on HDMI though.

thank god for that :)

Reason is, i use optical to my Reciever for 7.1 - but want to distribute the HDMI to other rooms..... 2CH is fine for those.

Thanks !!! one problem solved ! :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom