Sky HD at the show

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by teched whfsv, Nov 2, 2005.

1. teched whfsv

teched whfsv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky sent out an email last night confirming that it will be showing its Sky HD system at the Best of Stuff show, which runs alongside the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision show this weekend.

There'll be a chance to see the Sky HD box in the flesh and also "witness just how amazing the HD experience is".

Tickets for the show available from Best of Stuff and What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show - see you there!

More on Sky HD here.

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Saw it Yesterday. Seems Sky had a very seductive little maze with sexy colour effects with a few Sony HD ready Lcd TVs,and Plasmas( fantastic those) The Hd digibox and a rolling short foolball clip with Liverpool FCs UEFA winning game ,short nature clips and fancy transitions .We were encouraged to pre register ( and our details recaptured on their database ). Indeed this morning I had a call from them reminding me to renew my digibox insurance.
    I think Sky wasted an opportunity to show off HD and Sky-HD in particular, underestimating (i think) the level of sophistication of meny attendees of the show. Perhaps mainly targetting the Best of Stuff audience ( ie I love my gadgets) but forgetting some of the more (? demanding) WHFSV audience ( and indeed some of us who wear the both hats ) would be keen to see what was on offer. Considering Sky's corporate promotion of HD it really was a shame.
    You guys at What Hifi ? Sound and Vision ( that really is a mouthful!!) , Arcam and Sony in particular ,amongst others IMHO did far more to sustain the interest and excitement of HD at the show.They had the ? qualia Projector (massive) and Ruby ( Small in comparison). There was a great projector by SIm2 and Epson have come out with some very tasty affordable Projectors