Sky HD as part of new set-up - cabling queries

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by IanTV, Aug 30, 2007.

1. IanTV

IanTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am moving to a new house and will be installing Sky HD, Samsung PS42Q97HDX Plasma and a Philips HTS9800W Home Cinema system. With Sky multiroom I intend on using my existing standard Sky box to feed a Samsung LE37R87BDX. I am new to Plasma/LCD TVs and Sky HD and this forum! I have a couple of questions some of which presumably I need to post elsewhere on other forum sub-threads? My initial question concerns connecting Sky HD to the plasma. I will be using a HDMI to connect the Philips home cinema to the TV. Do I need to route Sky HD video direct to the TV and the audio to the TV via the home cinema? If so, what cables do I need to sink into the wall while I have access to the builder on-site to make good the walls afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

2. kosovosteve

kosovosteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    In order to take advantage of your Sky HDs 5.1 ouput you must connect it to your philips using a optical connection. For video you will be best to run the HDMI directly to the TV. This set up will give both stereo sound to your TV via HDMI (for Eastenders :D) and Dolby Digital 5.1 to your cinema system for movies.

Hope this helps.

Steve

PS. you will only need to sink in two HDMI cables into the wall.

3. IanTV

IanTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. One less thing to suss!!!